May 24, 2014

Cafe Hunting: Flat White in SS15

I am no coffee addict. Coffee keeps my heart rate at an increased rate that I can not cope. LOL In other words, coffee makes me feel sick.

Cafe hunting to me, is all about the breakfasts that they offer. Just last Sunday, we had a celebrative reason to feast, so we decided on Flat White as it was one that I've never been to.


"20 steps to awesome coffee. It's worth the climb!"

Flat White's cafe concept: Get the menu from the counter or lift your heavy heads from your phones to look at the menu on the wall.

Make your order at the counter and upon paying, you'll get a little tin box with your order number where food will be served later on.

Food was served within 15minutes. 

The BF ordered the Big Breakfast - RM23.

Verdict: Portion wise was fairly reasonable and filling. However, do note that they serve their bacons in beef and sausages ala chicken, which means, this is a NO PORK eatery.

It looked good, tasted great! Plus, their chicken sausages had some interesting tinge of spicyness to it that I like. Scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms were also thumbs up. Beef Bacon was fine. Their hash brown was a personal favourite by him <3 Overall verdict - 8/10

I ordered a Club Sandwich for RM18.

 

Verdict: Portion wise was good, with fries and salad as sides. The sandwich looked good, with ham, lettuce, tomato cubes, just enough mayonnaise and chicken thighs in between as fillings. 


BUT, as I sank my teeth into the first bite, I tasted fats in the chicken in the sandwich. A point to note, I, for one, cannot stand having fats in my chicken, or pork or whatever else. These fats send shivers down my spine and it gives me the feeling that the meat has not been cleaned properly.

Of course, I am not saying this about Flat White la. Just what I feel about "fats" on ma meat y'know??

Photo below is a shot of the amout of "fats" that I picked out from the chicken fillings in my Club Sandwich. And yes, I picked them all out, little as they may be, they are equally as disgusting for me. :3


Overall verdict: I spent too much time picking out the fats, I ended up with cold hard toast. 4/10

----------

Overall impression

The cafe was fairly quiet for a Sunday brunch hour. I liked that the crowd was mild and quiet kind with students coming in for coffee and study. But they have such heavy chairs, I ended up creating noise pollution whenever I was getting up to get serviettes, etc. LOL

Also, the barista and staff were not really friendly nor welcoming. It felt like my presence as a customer was not noticed at all. I am pointing this out because if you compare their service here with other Cafes, be it around Bangsar, or PJ area, or even Subang la... most cafes have really friendly staff who'd shout a loud "Welcome" as soon as you step into the cafe. :)

All in all, I would not be making a return visit anytime soon nor recommend it to anyone wanting to try out some good brunch place in my neighbourhood. But if I do make a return visit, Big Breakfast will be my to-order item. Also, I've read reviews that their Nutella Cappucino is real good stuff. Try it if you're dining here!

----------

Location

73, Jalan SS15/8A,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor

It is located directly opposite Asia Cafe at SS15, same row as Starbucks Coffee. The sign is fairly easy to spot, a black and white "Flat White".  Also, it is located at Level 1.\


Till the next yum-yum, xx.

No comments :