December 2, 2015

Nando's Lover is Me!

A month ago, Dad told me I've got mail. You see, I don't usually get mails at the postbox other than occasional air mails friends would kindly send me when they were based overseas for tertiary education. We all know I'm well passed that phase right now. Hah!

I saw a nicely sealed "envelope" on the common table bearing my name and opened it with much excitement. The flip side had Nando's logo printed on it. First thought that came to my mind, "hmm, another marketing gimmick?"


Click to enlarge!

As you can see, it's a reward for my love for Nando's!

My love for Nando's is one that people around me can testify. LOL and the best Nando's outlet by far, in terms of customer experience is the one at Taipan, USJ. I briefly wrote about it in January 2013 when the outlet was fairly new.

Anyways! Long story short, I was thrilled to receive such an awesome goodie!

Best of all, it's not a goodie on purchase. IT'S ABSOLUTELY FREE. Can't get anymore Asian than this. :P


Nine choices to choose from...

I had a tough time picking from the lot because I'd always have the usuals of 1/4 chicken w 2 sides. Suddenly I had to deviate from the norm and the burgers/pita/wrap all looked so enticing!


Beefy Gatecrasher

I was torn between the Nandoca's Choice vs. Beefy Gatecrasher.

What was appealing about Nandoca's Choice was the butterflied chicken which comes at a premium if I were to pick that with my usual 1/4 chicken w sides.

Beefy Gatecrasher however enticed me with it being BEEF. Beef isn't exactly Nando's forte. So I ended up giving this a try! Ok la, part of the reason why I chose this was because it was the most worth-it choice of the lot LOL Asian...

The staff at Nando's Sunway Pyramid was pretty helpful. Fully aware that the voucher allows for dine-in only, I requested for a kind favor to opt for a takeout instead as I'd be dining alone.

They were kind enough to do so and pre-empt me on the waiting time if I were to opt for the Beefy option. With that, I went strolling around the nearby shops and came back after 20 minutes.


HUNGER!

My Nando's takeout. Mmmmmm~ It smell so good throughout the car ride home. There's even 2 packets of complimentary Peri-peri sauce.


 
Frame-grilled

First sight of my beefy-licious thang! In my mind, I was thinking... "Oh so this is what a toasted Portugese roll looks like" :D


Temptation

The beef steak was well paired with fresh rockets, pickled onions and red pepper dip. The sauce was amazing! The beef fillet was a lil tough, but texture was as expected because it's a fillet (duh!). As compared to the usual burgers where mince are commonly used, this was a mouthful twist to the norm.


PERi-PERi sauce

The perfect topping to a Nando's meal. With this, nothing can go wrong. My favourite is still the Garlic PERi-PERi sauce but I'll have it another day when I pair it with my usuals!

All in all, it was a PERinaise meal!

Looking forward to my next visit :D Once again, thank YOU, Nando's Malaysia! :D



No comments :