December 27, 2016

The Fish Bowl Poké Shop @ Bandar Sunway

I'm back on my blogging mojo! This time round, with a Hawaiian-inspired bowl of goodness that has recently hit our neighbourhood - The Fish Bowl!

Occupying the same row of shoplots just outside the side gate of Sunway University; down the street alongside White, Orange (mann, now you know how long since I've left college), I'm happy to tell you... this is my kinda health food.


They call it a Poké Bowl, pronounced as "Poh-Kayh".

Not gonna bore you with what wikipedia or Eat Drink KL are gonna tell you.. To me, this is a bowl of wholesome goodness packed with bits of life choices.

Zoom in for more details

True to it's Hawaiian origins


Wide array of toppings, proteins, sides to go with your bowl


Our personal favourite is the Shoyu Salmon and...


...for me, Kaffir Lime Salmon :)


Some of personal favourite of sides to go with it includes mangoes, walnuts, avocado.


Mash em all up!!



This was during the recent Christmas promo where they had complimentary upsize and an additional premium side (: Salmon skin it is! This was also when I had the chance to try the Wasabi Mayo Salmon. Slightly pungent to my nostrils but done just right for wasabi lovers. Not so much for those who doesn't fancy wasabi...

Sauce wise, our all time favourite would be Lime Aioli and Garlic Sauce.


That's how they roll!

Overall verdict: 7/10

It is value for money when it comes to quality, but not so much for the quantity (i.e. portion). That is a compromise I'm willing to make when I'm craving for something healthy. It is light to my tummy yet flavourful to my tastebuds.


***


For more information:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thefishbowl.my/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/thefishbowlmalaysia/

Opening hours: 10:30am to 10:00pm; Daily
Address: 77, Jalan PJS11/9, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Contact: 03-5612-9992
Payment mode: Cash only
Service charge: N/A

No comments :